Friday 27 September 2013

Day 13: Journey's End

Raglan

Today is the last day of my "Girl's Own Adventure". I'm not really ready to go home yet, but my body could do with a rest right about now. It is a beautiful fine sunny day at last! So I decided to have a nice chilled-out last day, starting off by wandering around Raglan and then watching some surfing at Whale Bay. I will save the body-boarding for another summer weekend. This is a cool place to get away from it all.
Whale Bay - there were two surfers

Harbour View Hotel - bar and accommodation.
Might go up-market and stay here next time.


Nice landscaping throughout the town.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 Bridal Veil Falls

A 30 minute drive and I arrived at the Wairēinga/Bridal Veil Falls. I was debating whether to bother, but I'm very glad I decided to have a look. It is spectacular! And just a 10 minute walk from the road. At 55m high I was feeling the vertigo coming on me as I looked down from the top.
Stop at the carpark

Down the easy access path

From the top down to the bottom viewing platform - vertigo!

Boom! There she is! What a beauty!
261 steps down to the bottom viewing platform

Leg says NO!
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Waingaro Hot Springs

I was lamenting the fact that there were no hot pools to soak in over this way, as that would be the perfect way to end this journey. I was looking at the map, deciding which route to take home, when I spied an oasis in the middle of nowhere, only 30 minutes away! Yahooooooo! Waingaro Hot Springs! Who knew? Thank you to my angels watching over me, and pointing it out :) So off I went. It really is in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by bush. As it was a week day and not the school holidays it was nice and peaceful with only a few people there. Music played as my tired muscles soaked it all up and I reflected on my incredible journey.
 
This looks pretty good

Can't wait to get in!


Still in one piece - just!
Well, time for a well earned soak in the pool now.
Next stop - Home.

Thanks for coming on my mountain biking journey with me!
Lot's of love, Roxy :)
xxxx


3 comments:

  1. Loved reading your blog Rox - fantastic adventure, amazing photos and videos.
    Looking forward to your next excursion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Caro - blogging is a comforting thing for the solo traveller to do on those dark evenings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is fascinating reading. I am glad I found this and got to read it. Great job on this content. I liked it a lot. Thanks for the great and unique info. best spin bike seats

    ReplyDelete